- hollywood 411 August 3
Paul Feig directed recent mega-hits Bridesmaids and The Heat, and is in talks with Sony to possibly take on a Ghostbusters reboot.
Variety reports that Feig is being courted to not only direct but produce the comedy. Sources say that the reboot would likely feature comedic actresses in the lead roles.
There isn't a script for the movie yet, and so far, there haven't been any formal negotiations between Feig and Sony. Feig is set to direct frequent collaborator Melissa McCarthy in the movie Spy, scheduled for a Memorial Day 2015 release.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Why insects are the future of food
Subscribe to the Week