- hollywood 411 August 3
Paul Feig directed recent mega-hits Bridesmaids and The Heat, and is in talks with Sony to possibly take on a Ghostbusters reboot.
Variety reports that Feig is being courted to not only direct but produce the comedy. Sources say that the reboot would likely feature comedic actresses in the lead roles.
There isn't a script for the movie yet, and so far, there haven't been any formal negotiations between Feig and Sony. Feig is set to direct frequent collaborator Melissa McCarthy in the movie Spy, scheduled for a Memorial Day 2015 release.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- How to develop a photographic memory in 4 easy steps
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week