- hollywood 411 August 3
Paul Feig directed recent mega-hits Bridesmaids and The Heat, and is in talks with Sony to possibly take on a Ghostbusters reboot.
Variety reports that Feig is being courted to not only direct but produce the comedy. Sources say that the reboot would likely feature comedic actresses in the lead roles.
There isn't a script for the movie yet, and so far, there haven't been any formal negotiations between Feig and Sony. Feig is set to direct frequent collaborator Melissa McCarthy in the movie Spy, scheduled for a Memorial Day 2015 release.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week