- hollywood 411 August 3
Paul Feig directed recent mega-hits Bridesmaids and The Heat, and is in talks with Sony to possibly take on a Ghostbusters reboot.
Variety reports that Feig is being courted to not only direct but produce the comedy. Sources say that the reboot would likely feature comedic actresses in the lead roles.
There isn't a script for the movie yet, and so far, there haven't been any formal negotiations between Feig and Sony. Feig is set to direct frequent collaborator Melissa McCarthy in the movie Spy, scheduled for a Memorial Day 2015 release.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week