- Israel and Palestine August 4
Israel declared a unilateral seven-hour humanitarian ceasefire for Monday in most of the Gaza Strip. The announcement came after unusually strong criticism of Israel by the U.S. and the United Nations over apparent Israeli shelling that killed 10 people at a U.N. shelter. Palestinian health officials accused Israel of bombing a refugee camp west of Gaza City, injuring 30, after the ceasefire started. Read more at Reuters.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week