- The worst day August 4
That is a window cleaning carriage hanging by a cable outside of the tallest building in Vienna, Austria. And, if you squint, you can just make out the fluorescent green jacket of one of the two cleaners clinging to the raised edge of the platform dangling more than 470 feet above the ground.
The carriage reportedly stalled and then slipped 90 degrees. It's unclear how long the workers were hanging there or when exactly this horrific work event happened. But it reportedly took about 30 firefighters to rescue the two workers, who emerged unhurt, from outside the building's 48th floor.
So, yeah, next time the copier eats your report or your boss bumps up your deadline, take a moment to consider the amount of stress these men where under when they were trying not to die, and humbly swallow that whine.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- Girls on Film: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay isn't an action movie. It's a war movie.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week