- Quotables August 4
The Michael Bay-produced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot has attracted plenty of skepticism from critics who disapprove of Bay's ham-fisted, explosion-filled blockbusters — and given his track record, it's sort of hard to argue with them.
But at a recent press conference designed to promote Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, star Megan Fox had some harsh words for Bay's critics. "Let me tell you something about those people. How much money did Transformers 4 make?" she said. "Those people can complain. They all go to the theater. They're going to love it, and if they don't love it, they can f--k off, and that's the end of that."
Harsh words. Then again, this is coming from an actress who once compared Michael Bay to Adolf Hitler — a claim that even Bay's staunchest critics might find a little extreme.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week