- Quotables August 4
The Michael Bay-produced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot has attracted plenty of skepticism from critics who disapprove of Bay's ham-fisted, explosion-filled blockbusters — and given his track record, it's sort of hard to argue with them.
But at a recent press conference designed to promote Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, star Megan Fox had some harsh words for Bay's critics. "Let me tell you something about those people. How much money did Transformers 4 make?" she said. "Those people can complain. They all go to the theater. They're going to love it, and if they don't love it, they can f--k off, and that's the end of that."
Harsh words. Then again, this is coming from an actress who once compared Michael Bay to Adolf Hitler — a claim that even Bay's staunchest critics might find a little extreme.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week