- Vladimir Poopin? August 4
A rogue bird let loose on Vladimir Putin over the weekend as the Russian president delivered a speech opening a World War I monument, according to multiple tittering reports. If that tale of feathered vigilante justice sounds farfetched though, that's because it is: The video purporting to show the airborne assault appears to be a sneaky editing job.
Here's the clip that got Reddit's attention:
Yet as another Redditor points out, other footage from the event shows Putin sans poop. (The snippet from the previous video comes around the ninth minute below.)
Pictures from before and after the speech similarly show no tell-tale white stain, according to The Independent.
So sorry, President Obama, but the birthday present that was too good to be true was, in fact, too good to be true. At least we'll always have the (admittedly phony) memories. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week