- Vladimir Poopin? August 4
A rogue bird let loose on Vladimir Putin over the weekend as the Russian president delivered a speech opening a World War I monument, according to multiple tittering reports. If that tale of feathered vigilante justice sounds farfetched though, that's because it is: The video purporting to show the airborne assault appears to be a sneaky editing job.
Here's the clip that got Reddit's attention:
Yet as another Redditor points out, other footage from the event shows Putin sans poop. (The snippet from the previous video comes around the ninth minute below.)
Pictures from before and after the speech similarly show no tell-tale white stain, according to The Independent.
So sorry, President Obama, but the birthday present that was too good to be true was, in fact, too good to be true. At least we'll always have the (admittedly phony) memories. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
Subscribe to the Week