- Vladimir Poopin? August 4
A rogue bird let loose on Vladimir Putin over the weekend as the Russian president delivered a speech opening a World War I monument, according to multiple tittering reports. If that tale of feathered vigilante justice sounds farfetched though, that's because it is: The video purporting to show the airborne assault appears to be a sneaky editing job.
Here's the clip that got Reddit's attention:
Yet as another Redditor points out, other footage from the event shows Putin sans poop. (The snippet from the previous video comes around the ninth minute below.)
Pictures from before and after the speech similarly show no tell-tale white stain, according to The Independent.
So sorry, President Obama, but the birthday present that was too good to be true was, in fact, too good to be true. At least we'll always have the (admittedly phony) memories. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How Wendy Davis became the Todd Akin of the 2014 midterms
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week