- Marvel-ous News August 4
Defying the projections of most box-office analysts, Marvel's sci-fi superhero blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy grossed a massive $94 million at the domestic box-office this weekend. In a lengthy post on Facebook, writer/director James Gunn thanked the fans who made Guardians of the Galaxy such an out-of-the-box smash, dedicating the film to "anyone who ever felt cast aside, left out, or different."
Gunn also revealed that he's already hard at work on the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel. "I've spent this weekend hard at work on the sequel. I couldn't help myself!" he wrote. "The [box-office] results are nice but it's really the creative process I love and that keeps me going. I'm on fire with this thing! The Guardians have so many hardships and heartaches and triumphs ahead of them, and I can't wait to share them with all of you."
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will hit theaters in July 2017.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week