- Marvel-ous News August 4
Defying the projections of most box-office analysts, Marvel's sci-fi superhero blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy grossed a massive $94 million at the domestic box-office this weekend. In a lengthy post on Facebook, writer/director James Gunn thanked the fans who made Guardians of the Galaxy such an out-of-the-box smash, dedicating the film to "anyone who ever felt cast aside, left out, or different."
Gunn also revealed that he's already hard at work on the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel. "I've spent this weekend hard at work on the sequel. I couldn't help myself!" he wrote. "The [box-office] results are nice but it's really the creative process I love and that keeps me going. I'm on fire with this thing! The Guardians have so many hardships and heartaches and triumphs ahead of them, and I can't wait to share them with all of you."
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will hit theaters in July 2017.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Are hedge funds doomed?
Subscribe to the Week