- of human bondage August 4
The film adaptation of mommy-porn staple Fifty Shades of Grey won't hit theaters until next year, but fans who wanted a more hands-on experience were slated to have another option: a new hotel in Vilafranca, Spain, which was originally set to open this week.
The Roissy Castle, a Fifty Shades-inspired hotel, would have had "20 rooms and four dungeons where guests can take part in BDSM (bondage, discipline, submission, sadism, and masochism) activities," says The Hollywood Reporter.
Alas, Fifty Shades of Grey fans will need to get their kicks elsewhere for now. Vilafranca's town council has successfully blocked the hotel's opening, arguing that the owner doesn't have the proper license to run a restaurant and hotel, and that the location is too close to a local chapel.
In retaliation, the hotel's owner says that he plans to sue the town hall, so eager Fifty Shades of Grey fans shouldn't consider themselves whipped just yet.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week