- Time is a flat circle August 4
TV Line reports that Vince Vaughn "is in preliminary talks to play one of the three leads" in HBO drama True Detective's second season. Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch have also been widely rumored for roles, though HBO hasn't confirmed any of the second season's lead actors yet.
Vaughn, whose recent credits include comedy flops like Delivery Man and The Internship, might not seem like the most obvious choice for the popular HBO drama — but five years ago, would you have been excited about a cop show with Ghost of Girlfriends Past star Matthew McConaughey in the lead role?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week