- Late Night Antics August 5
What does Dame Helen Mirren think about Fifty Shades of Gray? "Well, the whips and chains are not my style," the respected British actress tells Jimmy Fallon, in an Elizabethan-period takeoff of Snow White on Monday night's Tonight Show. "But who doesn't love a jolly good spanking once in a while?" Mirren also manages to get in a mildly racy joke about Subway. To hear her views on legalizing pot, Sharknado, and other topics, watch "Mirren, Mirren" below. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week