- Late Night Antics August 5
What does Dame Helen Mirren think about Fifty Shades of Gray? "Well, the whips and chains are not my style," the respected British actress tells Jimmy Fallon, in an Elizabethan-period takeoff of Snow White on Monday night's Tonight Show. "But who doesn't love a jolly good spanking once in a while?" Mirren also manages to get in a mildly racy joke about Subway. To hear her views on legalizing pot, Sharknado, and other topics, watch "Mirren, Mirren" below. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
Subscribe to the Week