- Late Night Antics August 5
What does Dame Helen Mirren think about Fifty Shades of Gray? "Well, the whips and chains are not my style," the respected British actress tells Jimmy Fallon, in an Elizabethan-period takeoff of Snow White on Monday night's Tonight Show. "But who doesn't love a jolly good spanking once in a while?" Mirren also manages to get in a mildly racy joke about Subway. To hear her views on legalizing pot, Sharknado, and other topics, watch "Mirren, Mirren" below. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week