- Late Night Antics August 5
What does Dame Helen Mirren think about Fifty Shades of Gray? "Well, the whips and chains are not my style," the respected British actress tells Jimmy Fallon, in an Elizabethan-period takeoff of Snow White on Monday night's Tonight Show. "But who doesn't love a jolly good spanking once in a while?" Mirren also manages to get in a mildly racy joke about Subway. To hear her views on legalizing pot, Sharknado, and other topics, watch "Mirren, Mirren" below. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week