- Late Night Antics August 5
What does Dame Helen Mirren think about Fifty Shades of Gray? "Well, the whips and chains are not my style," the respected British actress tells Jimmy Fallon, in an Elizabethan-period takeoff of Snow White on Monday night's Tonight Show. "But who doesn't love a jolly good spanking once in a while?" Mirren also manages to get in a mildly racy joke about Subway. To hear her views on legalizing pot, Sharknado, and other topics, watch "Mirren, Mirren" below. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- The impossible promise at the heart of Scotland's campaign for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
Subscribe to the Week