- Time is a flat circle August 5
After months of speculation and countless #TrueDetectiveSeason2 hashtags, story details for the HBO crime drama's second season have begun to emerge.
The Wrap, which obtained a breakdown of the second season, reveals that the story will focus on the murder of Ben Caspar, a corrupt city manager whose body is uncovered with satanic symbols carved into it. Caspar's death threatens to derail a revolutionary California transportation plan that would "forever change freeway gridlock in the state." Three detectives are assigned to the case:
— Ray Velcoro, a man "damaged by years of turmoil in his personal and professional lives"
— Paul Woodrugh, a "28-year-old military veteran who has seen has own share of violence and destruction"
— Ani Bezzrides, "a tough, no-nonsense Monterey sheriff whose troubled upbringing has driven her to gambling and alcohol."
In addition to previously rumored stars Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch, The Wrap adds that Elisabeth Moss is being eyed to play the female lead, who sounds a lot like the tough, no-nonsense detective she played on SundanceTV's Top of the Lake. Time is a flat circle, etc etc.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Why insects are the future of food
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
Subscribe to the Week