- Time is a flat circle August 5
After months of speculation and countless #TrueDetectiveSeason2 hashtags, story details for the HBO crime drama's second season have begun to emerge.
The Wrap, which obtained a breakdown of the second season, reveals that the story will focus on the murder of Ben Caspar, a corrupt city manager whose body is uncovered with satanic symbols carved into it. Caspar's death threatens to derail a revolutionary California transportation plan that would "forever change freeway gridlock in the state." Three detectives are assigned to the case:
— Ray Velcoro, a man "damaged by years of turmoil in his personal and professional lives"
— Paul Woodrugh, a "28-year-old military veteran who has seen has own share of violence and destruction"
— Ani Bezzrides, "a tough, no-nonsense Monterey sheriff whose troubled upbringing has driven her to gambling and alcohol."
In addition to previously rumored stars Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch, The Wrap adds that Elisabeth Moss is being eyed to play the female lead, who sounds a lot like the tough, no-nonsense detective she played on SundanceTV's Top of the Lake. Time is a flat circle, etc etc.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week