- last night on late night August 5
Last night's episode of Conan had more than a handful of exciting guests. Yes, the ladies who play inmates at Orange Is the New Black's Litchfield prison stopped by Conan's studio last night to talk about everything from Irish jigs to lesbian sex. But the real highlight of the episode was the show's cold open, in which Conan gets some advice from Laverne Cox, who is in character as the sassy transgender inmate and resident hairstylist Sophia Burset. "You have to understand that you are turning off a huge segment of the demographic that you could be reaching," counsels Cox, urging Conan to rethink his hairstyle. "People are scared of clowns, okay?"
As it turns out, Conan isn't the only wild-haired redhead who needs some beauty advice. Watch the clip, which segues into a full-on spoof of OINTB's opening credits, below. --Samantha Rollins
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week