- last night on late night August 5
Last night's episode of Conan had more than a handful of exciting guests. Yes, the ladies who play inmates at Orange Is the New Black's Litchfield prison stopped by Conan's studio last night to talk about everything from Irish jigs to lesbian sex. But the real highlight of the episode was the show's cold open, in which Conan gets some advice from Laverne Cox, who is in character as the sassy transgender inmate and resident hairstylist Sophia Burset. "You have to understand that you are turning off a huge segment of the demographic that you could be reaching," counsels Cox, urging Conan to rethink his hairstyle. "People are scared of clowns, okay?"
As it turns out, Conan isn't the only wild-haired redhead who needs some beauty advice. Watch the clip, which segues into a full-on spoof of OINTB's opening credits, below. --Samantha Rollins
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
Subscribe to the Week