- last night on late night August 5
Last night's episode of Conan had more than a handful of exciting guests. Yes, the ladies who play inmates at Orange Is the New Black's Litchfield prison stopped by Conan's studio last night to talk about everything from Irish jigs to lesbian sex. But the real highlight of the episode was the show's cold open, in which Conan gets some advice from Laverne Cox, who is in character as the sassy transgender inmate and resident hairstylist Sophia Burset. "You have to understand that you are turning off a huge segment of the demographic that you could be reaching," counsels Cox, urging Conan to rethink his hairstyle. "People are scared of clowns, okay?"
As it turns out, Conan isn't the only wild-haired redhead who needs some beauty advice. Watch the clip, which segues into a full-on spoof of OINTB's opening credits, below. --Samantha Rollins
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week