- last night on late night August 5
Last night's episode of Conan had more than a handful of exciting guests. Yes, the ladies who play inmates at Orange Is the New Black's Litchfield prison stopped by Conan's studio last night to talk about everything from Irish jigs to lesbian sex. But the real highlight of the episode was the show's cold open, in which Conan gets some advice from Laverne Cox, who is in character as the sassy transgender inmate and resident hairstylist Sophia Burset. "You have to understand that you are turning off a huge segment of the demographic that you could be reaching," counsels Cox, urging Conan to rethink his hairstyle. "People are scared of clowns, okay?"
As it turns out, Conan isn't the only wild-haired redhead who needs some beauty advice. Watch the clip, which segues into a full-on spoof of OINTB's opening credits, below. --Samantha Rollins
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real lesson of the looming Martha Coakley disaster
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
Subscribe to the Week