- Eat and run August 5
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) didn't even have time to finish his burger as he beat a hasty retreat from immigration activists who ambushed him during a visit to Iowa.
The freshman lawmaker was out to eat with Iowa Rep. Steve King (R) — an ardent immigration reform foe who's made some questionable comments about alleged drug smugglers and cantaloupes — when DREAMer activists confronted the two. (DREAMers, the children of parents who came illegally to America, have been ambushing lawmakers with pointed immigration questions over the past year.) Rather than stick around and engage in a debate, Paul swiftly took off for the nearest exit, mid-chew.
Meanwhile, King debated for a few minutes, asked one of the activists if she was a drug smuggler, and told her she was "very good at English."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week