- Chump change August 5
Fifteen minutes could save you 15 percent or more on insurance — but a lawsuit could earn you buckets of cash. As in literal buckets of cash, all of it change.
That's what a 73-year-old California man, Andres Carrasco, found out recently when an insurance company paid him a portion of a settlement in the form of five-gallon buckets of coins, according to NBC. Carrasco filed suit in 2012 against Adriana's Insurance Service, alleging that one of the company's employees assaulted him. But after reaching a settlement in June, the insurance company opted to pay out the sum in the form of one check and several buckets stuffed with $21,000 in change.
Adriana's reportedly left the coins in Carrasco's attorney's office, but the septuagenarian could not lift them because of a recent hernia operation.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- The girl who wouldn't die
Subscribe to the Week