- Oops August 5
President Obama is in Africa for a summit with the continent's leaders, an event made all the more notable because the president himself is from Africa, according to MSNBC correspondent Chris Jansing.
Appearing on The Reid Report Tuesday, Jansing said the trip would factor into Obama's legacy because of "the fact that he's from Kenya, and the fact that when he was elected there were expectations on the African continent that he would do great things for them."
To be fair, Jansing corrected her flub a little later, saying she meant Obama's father is from Kenya. Here's video of the mixup, courtesy of Raw Story. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week