- Oops August 5
President Obama is in Africa for a summit with the continent's leaders, an event made all the more notable because the president himself is from Africa, according to MSNBC correspondent Chris Jansing.
Appearing on The Reid Report Tuesday, Jansing said the trip would factor into Obama's legacy because of "the fact that he's from Kenya, and the fact that when he was elected there were expectations on the African continent that he would do great things for them."
To be fair, Jansing corrected her flub a little later, saying she meant Obama's father is from Kenya. Here's video of the mixup, courtesy of Raw Story. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week