- Oops August 5
President Obama is in Africa for a summit with the continent's leaders, an event made all the more notable because the president himself is from Africa, according to MSNBC correspondent Chris Jansing.
Appearing on The Reid Report Tuesday, Jansing said the trip would factor into Obama's legacy because of "the fact that he's from Kenya, and the fact that when he was elected there were expectations on the African continent that he would do great things for them."
To be fair, Jansing corrected her flub a little later, saying she meant Obama's father is from Kenya. Here's video of the mixup, courtesy of Raw Story. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Why we eat what we eat on Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week