- Oops August 5
President Obama is in Africa for a summit with the continent's leaders, an event made all the more notable because the president himself is from Africa, according to MSNBC correspondent Chris Jansing.
Appearing on The Reid Report Tuesday, Jansing said the trip would factor into Obama's legacy because of "the fact that he's from Kenya, and the fact that when he was elected there were expectations on the African continent that he would do great things for them."
To be fair, Jansing corrected her flub a little later, saying she meant Obama's father is from Kenya. Here's video of the mixup, courtesy of Raw Story. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week