- hollywood 411 August 6
Jennifer Lee is leaving behind Anna and Elsa and saying hello to Meg Murry.
The writer and co-director of Frozen will write a movie adaptation for Disney of Madeleine L'Engle's classic 1962 novel, A Wrinkle in Time. One of Lee’s favorite books growing up, A Wrinkle in Time follows Meg Murry as she travels through space to find her missing scientist father. Variety reports that the project "emphasizes a strong female-driven narrative and creatively approaches the science fiction and world-building elements of the book."
Lee will continue to be part of Walt Disney Animation, and has Big Hero 6 coming out November 7. So far, no director has been chosen for A Wrinkle in Time.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week