- hollywood 411 August 6
Jennifer Lee is leaving behind Anna and Elsa and saying hello to Meg Murry.
The writer and co-director of Frozen will write a movie adaptation for Disney of Madeleine L'Engle's classic 1962 novel, A Wrinkle in Time. One of Lee’s favorite books growing up, A Wrinkle in Time follows Meg Murry as she travels through space to find her missing scientist father. Variety reports that the project "emphasizes a strong female-driven narrative and creatively approaches the science fiction and world-building elements of the book."
Lee will continue to be part of Walt Disney Animation, and has Big Hero 6 coming out November 7. So far, no director has been chosen for A Wrinkle in Time.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week