- hollywood 411 August 6
Jennifer Lee is leaving behind Anna and Elsa and saying hello to Meg Murry.
The writer and co-director of Frozen will write a movie adaptation for Disney of Madeleine L'Engle's classic 1962 novel, A Wrinkle in Time. One of Lee’s favorite books growing up, A Wrinkle in Time follows Meg Murry as she travels through space to find her missing scientist father. Variety reports that the project "emphasizes a strong female-driven narrative and creatively approaches the science fiction and world-building elements of the book."
Lee will continue to be part of Walt Disney Animation, and has Big Hero 6 coming out November 7. So far, no director has been chosen for A Wrinkle in Time.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
Subscribe to the Week