- The King of Sandwiches August 6
Everyone knows about Elvis Presley's famous penchant for fried peanut butter, banana, and bacon sandwiches, but The King also had a second favorite sandwich of suspicious culinary merit, the Fool's Gold Loaf. This sandwich happens to play a prominent role in Daniel Radcliffe's new romantic comedy, What If? The former Harry Potter star described the sandwich on Late Night with Seth Meyers, and it confirms one thing: Elvis liked his bacon.
The Fool's Gold contains an entire loaf of Italian bread, whole jars of peanut butter and grape jam, and a pound of bacon. Watch below to learn how to assemble it, Radcliffe's theory on why he enjoyed the sandwich much more than costar Zoe Kazan — and to see how happy he is to finally be playing a normal person on screen. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week