- lethal injection August 6
Missouri executed inmate Michael Worthington by lethal injection on Wednesday for the 1995 rape and murder of a Lake St. Louis woman. Worthington was the first U.S. inmate put to death since a controversial execution in Arizona last month in which the condemned man was given 15 doses of lethal drugs and was not pronounced dead until two hours after the execution began. Read more at the Associated Press.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week