- Yeezy taught me August 6
If there's anything we know about Kanye West, it's that he truly thinks he is a genius. And if you think he's just the victim of some editorializing reporters paraphrasing hyperbolic quotes, don't worry: He swore under oath that he is "the smartest celebrity you've ever... dealt with."
That narcissistic truth bomb comes from Kanye's deposition in a legal case in which he's accused of assaulting paparazzo Daniel Ramos at Los Angeles International Airport back in 2013. TMZ acquired a transcript of Yeezy's deposition, where as proof of his intellectual dominance he threw some shade at the original princess of pop, saying, "I'm not Britney Spears."
Of course, we also know Kanye thinks of himself as various forms of small, defensive animals — no word on whether he used the blowfish defense in the deposition.
Read more quotes from Kanye's deposition over at TMZ.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Puppies take the plunge
Subscribe to the Week