- Yeezy taught me August 6
If there's anything we know about Kanye West, it's that he truly thinks he is a genius. And if you think he's just the victim of some editorializing reporters paraphrasing hyperbolic quotes, don't worry: He swore under oath that he is "the smartest celebrity you've ever... dealt with."
That narcissistic truth bomb comes from Kanye's deposition in a legal case in which he's accused of assaulting paparazzo Daniel Ramos at Los Angeles International Airport back in 2013. TMZ acquired a transcript of Yeezy's deposition, where as proof of his intellectual dominance he threw some shade at the original princess of pop, saying, "I'm not Britney Spears."
Of course, we also know Kanye thinks of himself as various forms of small, defensive animals — no word on whether he used the blowfish defense in the deposition.
Read more quotes from Kanye's deposition over at TMZ.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week