- Yeezy taught me August 6
If there's anything we know about Kanye West, it's that he truly thinks he is a genius. And if you think he's just the victim of some editorializing reporters paraphrasing hyperbolic quotes, don't worry: He swore under oath that he is "the smartest celebrity you've ever... dealt with."
That narcissistic truth bomb comes from Kanye's deposition in a legal case in which he's accused of assaulting paparazzo Daniel Ramos at Los Angeles International Airport back in 2013. TMZ acquired a transcript of Yeezy's deposition, where as proof of his intellectual dominance he threw some shade at the original princess of pop, saying, "I'm not Britney Spears."
Of course, we also know Kanye thinks of himself as various forms of small, defensive animals — no word on whether he used the blowfish defense in the deposition.
Read more quotes from Kanye's deposition over at TMZ.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The psychology of bribery and corruption
- Epigenetics: How our experiences affect our offspring
- Meet the 11 condoms of the future selected by Bill Gates
Subscribe to the Week