- Yeezy taught me August 6
If there's anything we know about Kanye West, it's that he truly thinks he is a genius. And if you think he's just the victim of some editorializing reporters paraphrasing hyperbolic quotes, don't worry: He swore under oath that he is "the smartest celebrity you've ever... dealt with."
That narcissistic truth bomb comes from Kanye's deposition in a legal case in which he's accused of assaulting paparazzo Daniel Ramos at Los Angeles International Airport back in 2013. TMZ acquired a transcript of Yeezy's deposition, where as proof of his intellectual dominance he threw some shade at the original princess of pop, saying, "I'm not Britney Spears."
Of course, we also know Kanye thinks of himself as various forms of small, defensive animals — no word on whether he used the blowfish defense in the deposition.
Read more quotes from Kanye's deposition over at TMZ.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week