- Nature's Wonders August 6
Here are the three weirdest things about hummingbirds, as explained by Hank Green:
* Their legs are so light that they can't walk or jump
* Their wings produce lift on the downstroke and the upstroke
* Their metabolic system burns the sugar they drink so fast they can't store energy as fat
Check out the video for a more extensive look at hummingbird strangeness. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week