- Nature's Wonders August 6
Here are the three weirdest things about hummingbirds, as explained by Hank Green:
* Their legs are so light that they can't walk or jump
* Their wings produce lift on the downstroke and the upstroke
* Their metabolic system burns the sugar they drink so fast they can't store energy as fat
Check out the video for a more extensive look at hummingbird strangeness. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week