- Colbert Nationalism August 7
Kim Jong Un is usually so stern and dour in photographs that a picture of him grinning at an industrial lubricant factory has Stephen Colbert rethinking everything he thought he knew about the young North Korean dictator. "Beneath that sad expression, Kim Jong Un just might be be Kim Jong Fun," Colbert said on Wednesday night's Colbert Report. "I mean, just look at that smile!" Watch below for some lube jokes and barbed laughs at Kim's despotic regime. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week