- Colbert Nationalism August 7
Kim Jong Un is usually so stern and dour in photographs that a picture of him grinning at an industrial lubricant factory has Stephen Colbert rethinking everything he thought he knew about the young North Korean dictator. "Beneath that sad expression, Kim Jong Un just might be be Kim Jong Fun," Colbert said on Wednesday night's Colbert Report. "I mean, just look at that smile!" Watch below for some lube jokes and barbed laughs at Kim's despotic regime. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to make corn dogs
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week