- Storm Watch August 7
Hawaii is bracing for a rare double blast of hurricanes, with Hurricane Iselle — Hawaii's first hurricane in 22 years — expected to hit on Thursday night. Hurricane Julio is due a few days later. Hawaii County was placed under a hurricane warning on Wednesday. "The surfers get excited about these storms, but everyone else is freaking out," said Chris Owens, owner of East Side Builders. Both storms were expected to weaken before landfall. Read more at CNN.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Tony Blair: The Cassandra of the Middle East
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week