- Storm Watch August 7
Hawaii is bracing for a rare double blast of hurricanes, with Hurricane Iselle — Hawaii's first hurricane in 22 years — expected to hit on Thursday night. Hurricane Julio is due a few days later. Hawaii County was placed under a hurricane warning on Wednesday. "The surfers get excited about these storms, but everyone else is freaking out," said Chris Owens, owner of East Side Builders. Both storms were expected to weaken before landfall. Read more at CNN.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
Subscribe to the Week