- Coming Soon August 7
Dawson apparently ditched his filmmaking dreams for battlefield forensics, so CBS viewers this fall will be able to watch this guy stop "illegal activities that start in the mind, live online, and play out in the real world," according to The Hollywood Reporter.
CSI: Cyber is the network's answer to Law & Order: Technology (c'mon, it's only a matter of time). The spinoff will star Patricia Arquette as special agent Avery Ryan, leader of the FBI's Cyber Crime Division. Van Der Beek will play the awesomely named Elijah Mundo, a "savant when it comes to weaponry, vehicles, and bombs," who is a "self-proclaimed action junkie."
Van Der Beek, who in real-life is a self-proclaimed "professional make-believer," shared the good news with his kids via Twitter (although hopefully he also told them out loud, since I'm pretty sure they can't read yet):
Hey kids, guess what? Daddy has a job! http://t.co/G0zG4JeUy4— James Van Der Beek (@vanderjames) August 6, 2014
Better start prepping the sunglasses game. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Saudi Arabia is trying to sabotage America's shale oil boom
- The week's best photojournalism
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
Subscribe to the Week