- Coming Soon August 7
Dawson apparently ditched his filmmaking dreams for battlefield forensics, so CBS viewers this fall will be able to watch this guy stop "illegal activities that start in the mind, live online, and play out in the real world," according to The Hollywood Reporter.
CSI: Cyber is the network's answer to Law & Order: Technology (c'mon, it's only a matter of time). The spinoff will star Patricia Arquette as special agent Avery Ryan, leader of the FBI's Cyber Crime Division. Van Der Beek will play the awesomely named Elijah Mundo, a "savant when it comes to weaponry, vehicles, and bombs," who is a "self-proclaimed action junkie."
Van Der Beek, who in real-life is a self-proclaimed "professional make-believer," shared the good news with his kids via Twitter (although hopefully he also told them out loud, since I'm pretty sure they can't read yet):
Hey kids, guess what? Daddy has a job! http://t.co/G0zG4JeUy4— James Van Der Beek (@vanderjames) August 6, 2014
Better start prepping the sunglasses game. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week