- Coming Soon August 7
Dawson apparently ditched his filmmaking dreams for battlefield forensics, so CBS viewers this fall will be able to watch this guy stop "illegal activities that start in the mind, live online, and play out in the real world," according to The Hollywood Reporter.
CSI: Cyber is the network's answer to Law & Order: Technology (c'mon, it's only a matter of time). The spinoff will star Patricia Arquette as special agent Avery Ryan, leader of the FBI's Cyber Crime Division. Van Der Beek will play the awesomely named Elijah Mundo, a "savant when it comes to weaponry, vehicles, and bombs," who is a "self-proclaimed action junkie."
Van Der Beek, who in real-life is a self-proclaimed "professional make-believer," shared the good news with his kids via Twitter (although hopefully he also told them out loud, since I'm pretty sure they can't read yet):
Hey kids, guess what? Daddy has a job! http://t.co/G0zG4JeUy4— James Van Der Beek (@vanderjames) August 6, 2014
Better start prepping the sunglasses game. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
Subscribe to the Week