- Coming Soon August 7
Dawson apparently ditched his filmmaking dreams for battlefield forensics, so CBS viewers this fall will be able to watch this guy stop "illegal activities that start in the mind, live online, and play out in the real world," according to The Hollywood Reporter.
CSI: Cyber is the network's answer to Law & Order: Technology (c'mon, it's only a matter of time). The spinoff will star Patricia Arquette as special agent Avery Ryan, leader of the FBI's Cyber Crime Division. Van Der Beek will play the awesomely named Elijah Mundo, a "savant when it comes to weaponry, vehicles, and bombs," who is a "self-proclaimed action junkie."
Van Der Beek, who in real-life is a self-proclaimed "professional make-believer," shared the good news with his kids via Twitter (although hopefully he also told them out loud, since I'm pretty sure they can't read yet):
Hey kids, guess what? Daddy has a job! http://t.co/G0zG4JeUy4— James Van Der Beek (@vanderjames) August 6, 2014
Better start prepping the sunglasses game. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week