- game of drones August 7
Obama has some. Martha Stewart has one. The hippies at Burning Man had one. It seems that nearly everyone has a drone these days — including one tech-savvy tourist at Wyoming's Yellowstone National Park, who reportedly made the unfortunate mistake of crashing his drone directly into the park's largest hot spring.
The tourist reportedly approached a park official and asked if there would be any way to retrieve the downed drone from the Grand Prismatic Lake, a hot spring that is nearly 200 feet deep. The tourist apparently hadn't realized that drones are outlawed in all national parks, but he was apparently let off the hook.
This isn't the first time a drone has made a pesky appearance at a national park: CNN reports that drones have caused kerfuffles at both the Grand Canyon and Zion National Park in the past.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week