- game of drones August 7
Obama has some. Martha Stewart has one. The hippies at Burning Man had one. It seems that nearly everyone has a drone these days — including one tech-savvy tourist at Wyoming's Yellowstone National Park, who reportedly made the unfortunate mistake of crashing his drone directly into the park's largest hot spring.
The tourist reportedly approached a park official and asked if there would be any way to retrieve the downed drone from the Grand Prismatic Lake, a hot spring that is nearly 200 feet deep. The tourist apparently hadn't realized that drones are outlawed in all national parks, but he was apparently let off the hook.
This isn't the first time a drone has made a pesky appearance at a national park: CNN reports that drones have caused kerfuffles at both the Grand Canyon and Zion National Park in the past.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
Subscribe to the Week