- game of drones August 7
Obama has some. Martha Stewart has one. The hippies at Burning Man had one. It seems that nearly everyone has a drone these days — including one tech-savvy tourist at Wyoming's Yellowstone National Park, who reportedly made the unfortunate mistake of crashing his drone directly into the park's largest hot spring.
The tourist reportedly approached a park official and asked if there would be any way to retrieve the downed drone from the Grand Prismatic Lake, a hot spring that is nearly 200 feet deep. The tourist apparently hadn't realized that drones are outlawed in all national parks, but he was apparently let off the hook.
This isn't the first time a drone has made a pesky appearance at a national park: CNN reports that drones have caused kerfuffles at both the Grand Canyon and Zion National Park in the past.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Why we gossip, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week