- game of drones August 7
Obama has some. Martha Stewart has one. The hippies at Burning Man had one. It seems that nearly everyone has a drone these days — including one tech-savvy tourist at Wyoming's Yellowstone National Park, who reportedly made the unfortunate mistake of crashing his drone directly into the park's largest hot spring.
The tourist reportedly approached a park official and asked if there would be any way to retrieve the downed drone from the Grand Prismatic Lake, a hot spring that is nearly 200 feet deep. The tourist apparently hadn't realized that drones are outlawed in all national parks, but he was apparently let off the hook.
This isn't the first time a drone has made a pesky appearance at a national park: CNN reports that drones have caused kerfuffles at both the Grand Canyon and Zion National Park in the past.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week