- Watch this August 7
Christina Hendricks rules the office as Joan Harris on AMC's Mad Men — but how would she fare in a modern workplace? In a new video at Funny or Die, the actress takes Joan into the kind of office you're probably occupying right now, where she learns about iPhones, computers, and Febreeze.
As with several recent Funny or Die videos, "Modern Office" leads with a joke to raise a more serious issue. "In the U.S., women make 23 percent less than their male counterparts. Did you know that almost 70 percent of the minimum wage workforce is female, but only 15 percent of our Fortune 500 CEOs are?" she says. "So I figure if we're going to run our businesses like it's the 1960s, I'm going to act like it."
Watch Christina Hendricks reprise her Mad Men role below. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week