- Watch this August 7
Christina Hendricks rules the office as Joan Harris on AMC's Mad Men — but how would she fare in a modern workplace? In a new video at Funny or Die, the actress takes Joan into the kind of office you're probably occupying right now, where she learns about iPhones, computers, and Febreeze.
As with several recent Funny or Die videos, "Modern Office" leads with a joke to raise a more serious issue. "In the U.S., women make 23 percent less than their male counterparts. Did you know that almost 70 percent of the minimum wage workforce is female, but only 15 percent of our Fortune 500 CEOs are?" she says. "So I figure if we're going to run our businesses like it's the 1960s, I'm going to act like it."
Watch Christina Hendricks reprise her Mad Men role below. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week