- Watch this August 7
Christina Hendricks rules the office as Joan Harris on AMC's Mad Men — but how would she fare in a modern workplace? In a new video at Funny or Die, the actress takes Joan into the kind of office you're probably occupying right now, where she learns about iPhones, computers, and Febreeze.
As with several recent Funny or Die videos, "Modern Office" leads with a joke to raise a more serious issue. "In the U.S., women make 23 percent less than their male counterparts. Did you know that almost 70 percent of the minimum wage workforce is female, but only 15 percent of our Fortune 500 CEOs are?" she says. "So I figure if we're going to run our businesses like it's the 1960s, I'm going to act like it."
Watch Christina Hendricks reprise her Mad Men role below. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
Subscribe to the Week