- Dems in Disarray August 7
John Walsh, the Democratic senator from Montana, dropped out of his Senate race on Thursday. His campaign had been in trouble ever since The New York Times reported in July that Walsh had plagiarized significant portions of a college research paper in 2007.
Democrats will now have to scramble to come up with a candidate to face Republican Rep. Steve Daines in the November election. A libertarian candidate, Roger Roots, is also running.
Walsh was appointed to the Senate in February, replacing Max Baucus, who was named President Obama's ambassador to China in December 2013.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 9 ways you're probably teaching your kids bad money habits
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week