- Dems in Disarray August 7
John Walsh, the Democratic senator from Montana, dropped out of his Senate race on Thursday. His campaign had been in trouble ever since The New York Times reported in July that Walsh had plagiarized significant portions of a college research paper in 2007.
Democrats will now have to scramble to come up with a candidate to face Republican Rep. Steve Daines in the November election. A libertarian candidate, Roger Roots, is also running.
Walsh was appointed to the Senate in February, replacing Max Baucus, who was named President Obama's ambassador to China in December 2013.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Why is Obama still smoking?
Subscribe to the Week