- no trespassing August 8
A tiny trespasser caused the White House to go on lockdown Thursday night.
NBC News correspondent Chris Jansing tweeted that a toddler ran away from his parents and squeezed through a fence, causing the Secret Service to initiate a brief lockdown on the lawn.
Neither the parents — or the wayward toddler — were interrogated. "We were going to wait until he learned to talk to question him," Secret Service spokesman Edwin Donovan said, "but in lieu of that he got a timeout and was sent on his way with his parents."- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to improve your workplace culture
- Stop your unpatriotic fearmongering over ISIS
Subscribe to the Week