- no trespassing August 8
A tiny trespasser caused the White House to go on lockdown Thursday night.
NBC News correspondent Chris Jansing tweeted that a toddler ran away from his parents and squeezed through a fence, causing the Secret Service to initiate a brief lockdown on the lawn.
Neither the parents — or the wayward toddler — were interrogated. "We were going to wait until he learned to talk to question him," Secret Service spokesman Edwin Donovan said, "but in lieu of that he got a timeout and was sent on his way with his parents."- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week