- no trespassing August 8
A tiny trespasser caused the White House to go on lockdown Thursday night.
NBC News correspondent Chris Jansing tweeted that a toddler ran away from his parents and squeezed through a fence, causing the Secret Service to initiate a brief lockdown on the lawn.
Neither the parents — or the wayward toddler — were interrogated. "We were going to wait until he learned to talk to question him," Secret Service spokesman Edwin Donovan said, "but in lieu of that he got a timeout and was sent on his way with his parents."- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why Japan is turning to high-tech floating islands to solve its energy needs
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week