- no trespassing August 8
A tiny trespasser caused the White House to go on lockdown Thursday night.
NBC News correspondent Chris Jansing tweeted that a toddler ran away from his parents and squeezed through a fence, causing the Secret Service to initiate a brief lockdown on the lawn.
Neither the parents — or the wayward toddler — were interrogated. "We were going to wait until he learned to talk to question him," Secret Service spokesman Edwin Donovan said, "but in lieu of that he got a timeout and was sent on his way with his parents."- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 10 soldiers welcomed home by very happy dogs
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week