- Flick in a box August 8
Make a movie... like a boss.
Andy Samberg, Jorma Taccone, and Akiva Schaffer, the musical parody trio otherwise known as The Lonely Island, are developing a movie with Universal Pictures, Variety reports.
The trio will write and star in the film, and Taccone and Schaffer will take on directing duties. Judd Apatow, the mastermind behind man-child comedies like Superbad and Knocked Up, is set to produce.
Since The Lonely Island gained fame for Saturday Night Live digital shorts like "Lazy Sunday," "D--k in A Box," and "I'm on a Boat," it makes sense that their untitled project will take place "in the world of music." While we don't know much beyond that yet, it's safe to say that there are likely a lot of juvenile jokes in your movie-going future.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week