- Flick in a box August 8
Make a movie... like a boss.
Andy Samberg, Jorma Taccone, and Akiva Schaffer, the musical parody trio otherwise known as The Lonely Island, are developing a movie with Universal Pictures, Variety reports.
The trio will write and star in the film, and Taccone and Schaffer will take on directing duties. Judd Apatow, the mastermind behind man-child comedies like Superbad and Knocked Up, is set to produce.
Since The Lonely Island gained fame for Saturday Night Live digital shorts like "Lazy Sunday," "D--k in A Box," and "I'm on a Boat," it makes sense that their untitled project will take place "in the world of music." While we don't know much beyond that yet, it's safe to say that there are likely a lot of juvenile jokes in your movie-going future.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week