- sports August 8
Table tennis: pretty boring, right? WRONG. Dig this 41-shot rally between Singapore's Ning Gao and Nigeria's Segun Toriola at the recent Glasgow Commonwealth Games. Toriola is put on the defensive almost immediately, and gets pushed very far from the table by Gao's powerful shots. Yet, in an amazingly precise and quick series of returns, Toriola hangs on for shot after shot.
Check out the whole thing in the video below. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week