- sports August 8
Table tennis: pretty boring, right? WRONG. Dig this 41-shot rally between Singapore's Ning Gao and Nigeria's Segun Toriola at the recent Glasgow Commonwealth Games. Toriola is put on the defensive almost immediately, and gets pushed very far from the table by Gao's powerful shots. Yet, in an amazingly precise and quick series of returns, Toriola hangs on for shot after shot.
Check out the whole thing in the video below. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week