- sports August 8
Table tennis: pretty boring, right? WRONG. Dig this 41-shot rally between Singapore's Ning Gao and Nigeria's Segun Toriola at the recent Glasgow Commonwealth Games. Toriola is put on the defensive almost immediately, and gets pushed very far from the table by Gao's powerful shots. Yet, in an amazingly precise and quick series of returns, Toriola hangs on for shot after shot.
Check out the whole thing in the video below. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
When Americans banned Christmas
Subscribe to the Week