- sports August 8
Table tennis: pretty boring, right? WRONG. Dig this 41-shot rally between Singapore's Ning Gao and Nigeria's Segun Toriola at the recent Glasgow Commonwealth Games. Toriola is put on the defensive almost immediately, and gets pushed very far from the table by Gao's powerful shots. Yet, in an amazingly precise and quick series of returns, Toriola hangs on for shot after shot.
Check out the whole thing in the video below. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Head to head: Wild vs. supermarket turkeys
Subscribe to the Week