- sports August 8
Table tennis: pretty boring, right? WRONG. Dig this 41-shot rally between Singapore's Ning Gao and Nigeria's Segun Toriola at the recent Glasgow Commonwealth Games. Toriola is put on the defensive almost immediately, and gets pushed very far from the table by Gao's powerful shots. Yet, in an amazingly precise and quick series of returns, Toriola hangs on for shot after shot.
Check out the whole thing in the video below. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
Subscribe to the Week