- this is pretty cool August 8
A Philadelphia accountant, who has chosen to remain anonymous for professional reasons, has been publishing short articles, Photoshopped images, videos, and even short screenplays for the past five years on his Phillies "bolg" (yes, "bolg") called Zoo With Roy, reports For The Win.
The premise is pretty simple: This diehard Phillies fan loves Roy Halladay, and when the pitching ace was traded to the team in 2009, the accountant began blogging about how fun it would be to go to the zoo with Doc. Me, my sports fandom caps out at reading a lot of Chicago Bears notebooks and making my mom buy me a new T-shirt each Christmas. But hey, to each his or her own, and give this guy credit for a hilariously well-done site (seriously — he's partnered with Philly.com, had a beer brewed in his name by Iron Hill Brewery, and was even honored at the 2011 Webby Awards).
All that hard work paid off this morning, too, because this is a photo from ZWR's Twitter account. He is at the zoo. He is at the zoo with Roy Halladay!
I'm at the zoo with Roy Halladay?! pic.twitter.com/5453vwPKvo— Zoo With Roy (@zoowithroy) August 8, 2014
What happens to a site about going to the zoo with Roy Halladay once you've gone to the zoo with Roy Halladay? The writer says he isn't sure yet, but he does leave us with this thought:
"Go to the zoo, folks, it's amazing. Even if you're not with Roy Halladay."
Wise words.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
Subscribe to the Week