- Again? August 9
General Motors is recalling 269,000 vehicles due to a variety of defects, Reuters reported on Friday.
The largest recall is of 2002-2004 model Saturn Vue crossovers (202,115 cars). The ignition key in some of the vehicles has been found to dislodge while the car is running, according to GM, and the company attributed at least two crashes and one injury to the defect.
The latest round of recalls brings the company's total this year to 66, notes USA Today. About 29 million GM cars and trucks have fallen under one of the recall umbrellas so far in 2014.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- How Wendy Davis became the Todd Akin of the 2014 midterms
Subscribe to the Week