- Again? August 9
General Motors is recalling 269,000 vehicles due to a variety of defects, Reuters reported on Friday.
The largest recall is of 2002-2004 model Saturn Vue crossovers (202,115 cars). The ignition key in some of the vehicles has been found to dislodge while the car is running, according to GM, and the company attributed at least two crashes and one injury to the defect.
The latest round of recalls brings the company's total this year to 66, notes USA Today. About 29 million GM cars and trucks have fallen under one of the recall umbrellas so far in 2014.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Surviving a plane crash
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- When men who abstain from pre-marital sex get married
- Everything you need to master Chinese cooking
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
- The greatest sniper duel in history is a myth
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week