- Again? August 9
General Motors is recalling 269,000 vehicles due to a variety of defects, Reuters reported on Friday.
The largest recall is of 2002-2004 model Saturn Vue crossovers (202,115 cars). The ignition key in some of the vehicles has been found to dislodge while the car is running, according to GM, and the company attributed at least two crashes and one injury to the defect.
The latest round of recalls brings the company's total this year to 66, notes USA Today. About 29 million GM cars and trucks have fallen under one of the recall umbrellas so far in 2014.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week