- race riots August 12
Some disturbing footage from Ferguson, Missouri, courtesy of CNN. It shows a white cop telling protesters to "bring it, all you f--king animals," as they demonstrate against the killing of an unarmed 18-year-old black man by Ferguson's police force on Saturday.
Witnesses say Michael Brown was killed while holding his hands in the air, after he was stopped by police. The police say Brown went for an officer's gun during an altercation. The incident has touched off protests, rioting, and looting in Ferguson, where 65 percent of the population is African-American. The police force is overwhelmingly white.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week