- Say what? August 12
Michelle Obama is not a reliable proponent of healthy eating because she herself is kinda fat, according to a Fox News contributor.
The crew of Fox's Outnumbered on Tuesday tackled the first lady's continued push for schools to serve up healthy foods to their students. And though the general consensus was that the FLOTUS' efforts were at best misguided or at worst indicative of government run amok, panelist Keith Ablow — a member of Fox's "Medical A-Team" — went further in arguing that Obama should butt out of the conversation because she's a bit overweight.
"How well can she be eating?" he asked. "She's — she needs to drop a few."
"Let's be honest: Like there's no french fries happening?" he went on. "That's all kale and carrots? I don't buy it." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week