- Say what? August 12
Michelle Obama is not a reliable proponent of healthy eating because she herself is kinda fat, according to a Fox News contributor.
The crew of Fox's Outnumbered on Tuesday tackled the first lady's continued push for schools to serve up healthy foods to their students. And though the general consensus was that the FLOTUS' efforts were at best misguided or at worst indicative of government run amok, panelist Keith Ablow — a member of Fox's "Medical A-Team" — went further in arguing that Obama should butt out of the conversation because she's a bit overweight.
"How well can she be eating?" he asked. "She's — she needs to drop a few."
"Let's be honest: Like there's no french fries happening?" he went on. "That's all kale and carrots? I don't buy it." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to make corn dogs
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week