- Say what? August 12
Michelle Obama is not a reliable proponent of healthy eating because she herself is kinda fat, according to a Fox News contributor.
The crew of Fox's Outnumbered on Tuesday tackled the first lady's continued push for schools to serve up healthy foods to their students. And though the general consensus was that the FLOTUS' efforts were at best misguided or at worst indicative of government run amok, panelist Keith Ablow — a member of Fox's "Medical A-Team" — went further in arguing that Obama should butt out of the conversation because she's a bit overweight.
"How well can she be eating?" he asked. "She's — she needs to drop a few."
"Let's be honest: Like there's no french fries happening?" he went on. "That's all kale and carrots? I don't buy it." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
Subscribe to the Week