- Say what? August 12
Michelle Obama is not a reliable proponent of healthy eating because she herself is kinda fat, according to a Fox News contributor.
The crew of Fox's Outnumbered on Tuesday tackled the first lady's continued push for schools to serve up healthy foods to their students. And though the general consensus was that the FLOTUS' efforts were at best misguided or at worst indicative of government run amok, panelist Keith Ablow — a member of Fox's "Medical A-Team" — went further in arguing that Obama should butt out of the conversation because she's a bit overweight.
"How well can she be eating?" he asked. "She's — she needs to drop a few."
"Let's be honest: Like there's no french fries happening?" he went on. "That's all kale and carrots? I don't buy it." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Can the U.S. Army degrade and destroy Ebola?
Subscribe to the Week