- Say what? August 12
Michelle Obama is not a reliable proponent of healthy eating because she herself is kinda fat, according to a Fox News contributor.
The crew of Fox's Outnumbered on Tuesday tackled the first lady's continued push for schools to serve up healthy foods to their students. And though the general consensus was that the FLOTUS' efforts were at best misguided or at worst indicative of government run amok, panelist Keith Ablow — a member of Fox's "Medical A-Team" — went further in arguing that Obama should butt out of the conversation because she's a bit overweight.
"How well can she be eating?" he asked. "She's — she needs to drop a few."
"Let's be honest: Like there's no french fries happening?" he went on. "That's all kale and carrots? I don't buy it." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- Meet the 11 condoms of the future selected by Bill Gates
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- Everything you need to know about Japan's population crisis
Subscribe to the Week