- Ebola August 15
The World Health Organization said Thursday that the scale of West Africa's Ebola outbreak, already the biggest ever, appeared to have been "vastly underestimated."
The reported death toll stood at 1,069, but WHO said that staff at outbreak sites reported evidence that there could be far more infections and deaths. Consequently, WHO said it was ordering "a massive scaling up of the international response." Read more at BBC News.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to live a long life, according to science
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- 15 classic cocktail recipes you need to know
Subscribe to the Week