- Mad About Plaid August 16
Cue the "on Wednesdays, we wear pink," Mean Girls jokes.
Golfer Ian Poulter was less than impressed with Rory McIlroy’s getup at Manchester United’s league opener today — Poulter’s fellow competitor appeared on the field prior to the match, holding the Claret Jug — and he took to Twitter to call McIlroy out on his faux pas:
Really though, this suit is atrocious. Perhaps both golfers can agree to take the fashion equivalent of a mulligan, and move the tartan to the back of their closets.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week