- fast food nation August 18
Taco Bell rolled out its Dollar Cravings Menu on Monday, with many items priced at $1 each.
While $1 is pretty tough to beat in terms of fast food prices, some of the items on the menu — cinnamon twists and Cinnabon delights, for example — were previously 99 cents, meaning the new dollar menu actually increased prices.
Other items on the new menu include the Beefy Fritos Burrito, Triple Layer Nachos, and a Shredded Chicken Mini Quesadilla. If those options don't sound appetizing to you, Taco Bell also launched a new fast-casual concept store, U.S. Taco Co., in California. The U.S. Taco Co. serves a lobster taco, appropriately named the One Percenter.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week