- fast food nation August 18
Taco Bell rolled out its Dollar Cravings Menu on Monday, with many items priced at $1 each.
While $1 is pretty tough to beat in terms of fast food prices, some of the items on the menu — cinnamon twists and Cinnabon delights, for example — were previously 99 cents, meaning the new dollar menu actually increased prices.
Other items on the new menu include the Beefy Fritos Burrito, Triple Layer Nachos, and a Shredded Chicken Mini Quesadilla. If those options don't sound appetizing to you, Taco Bell also launched a new fast-casual concept store, U.S. Taco Co., in California. The U.S. Taco Co. serves a lobster taco, appropriately named the One Percenter.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 12 holiday gifts for the hardest-to-shop-for people on your list
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week