- fast food nation August 18
Taco Bell rolled out its Dollar Cravings Menu on Monday, with many items priced at $1 each.
While $1 is pretty tough to beat in terms of fast food prices, some of the items on the menu — cinnamon twists and Cinnabon delights, for example — were previously 99 cents, meaning the new dollar menu actually increased prices.
Other items on the new menu include the Beefy Fritos Burrito, Triple Layer Nachos, and a Shredded Chicken Mini Quesadilla. If those options don't sound appetizing to you, Taco Bell also launched a new fast-casual concept store, U.S. Taco Co., in California. The U.S. Taco Co. serves a lobster taco, appropriately named the One Percenter.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- How to be charismatic, according to science
- Why insects are the future of food
Subscribe to the Week