- fast food nation August 18
Taco Bell rolled out its Dollar Cravings Menu on Monday, with many items priced at $1 each.
While $1 is pretty tough to beat in terms of fast food prices, some of the items on the menu — cinnamon twists and Cinnabon delights, for example — were previously 99 cents, meaning the new dollar menu actually increased prices.
Other items on the new menu include the Beefy Fritos Burrito, Triple Layer Nachos, and a Shredded Chicken Mini Quesadilla. If those options don't sound appetizing to you, Taco Bell also launched a new fast-casual concept store, U.S. Taco Co., in California. The U.S. Taco Co. serves a lobster taco, appropriately named the One Percenter.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
Subscribe to the Week