- heroics August 18
Last Monday, a truck driver saved a woman and her 1-year-old granddaughter, and the story is now gaining national attention.
David Fredericksen saw a Lincoln Towncar crash into an 18-wheeler and burst into flames. He instantly jumped out of his truck to save the Towncar's two passengers trapped in the wreckage.
Though the Towncar's driver broke her leg, all involved survived the crash. Fredericksen told Jalopnik that he doesn't consider himself a hero and was just trying to make sure the passengers were alive. "Other people would've done what I did," Fredericksen said. "I'm just glad that they didn't die, you know?"
Fredericksen's dashboard camera recorded the event, and his son explains the situation in more detail in the video description. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week