- Sorry, folks August 22
The group "Ready for Warren" has been hoping to recruit Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) to be the great progressive candidate for president in 2016 — even with a name that imitates the far more organized "Ready for Hillary" committee. But in a new official document, Warren herself is making it clearer and clearer that she's not ready for them.
"This letter serves as a formal disavowal of the organization and its activity," Warren’s campaign attorney wrote in a letter to the Federal Election Commission, The Boston Globe reports. "The senator has not, and does not, explicitly or implicitly, authorize, endorse, or otherwise approve of the organization’s activities."
The letter further reiterates: "To the contrary, Senator Warren has publicly announced that she is not running for president in 2016."- - Eric Kleefeld
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week