- Sorry, folks August 22
The group "Ready for Warren" has been hoping to recruit Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) to be the great progressive candidate for president in 2016 — even with a name that imitates the far more organized "Ready for Hillary" committee. But in a new official document, Warren herself is making it clearer and clearer that she's not ready for them.
"This letter serves as a formal disavowal of the organization and its activity," Warren’s campaign attorney wrote in a letter to the Federal Election Commission, The Boston Globe reports. "The senator has not, and does not, explicitly or implicitly, authorize, endorse, or otherwise approve of the organization’s activities."
The letter further reiterates: "To the contrary, Senator Warren has publicly announced that she is not running for president in 2016."- - Eric Kleefeld
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week