- Sorry, folks August 22
The group "Ready for Warren" has been hoping to recruit Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) to be the great progressive candidate for president in 2016 — even with a name that imitates the far more organized "Ready for Hillary" committee. But in a new official document, Warren herself is making it clearer and clearer that she's not ready for them.
"This letter serves as a formal disavowal of the organization and its activity," Warren’s campaign attorney wrote in a letter to the Federal Election Commission, The Boston Globe reports. "The senator has not, and does not, explicitly or implicitly, authorize, endorse, or otherwise approve of the organization’s activities."
The letter further reiterates: "To the contrary, Senator Warren has publicly announced that she is not running for president in 2016."- - Eric Kleefeld
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Girls on Film: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay isn't an action movie. It's a war movie.
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week