- Sorry, folks August 22
The group "Ready for Warren" has been hoping to recruit Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) to be the great progressive candidate for president in 2016 — even with a name that imitates the far more organized "Ready for Hillary" committee. But in a new official document, Warren herself is making it clearer and clearer that she's not ready for them.
"This letter serves as a formal disavowal of the organization and its activity," Warren’s campaign attorney wrote in a letter to the Federal Election Commission, The Boston Globe reports. "The senator has not, and does not, explicitly or implicitly, authorize, endorse, or otherwise approve of the organization’s activities."
The letter further reiterates: "To the contrary, Senator Warren has publicly announced that she is not running for president in 2016."- - Eric Kleefeld
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Surviving a plane crash
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
Subscribe to the Week