- Ice, ice baby August 24
The ice bucket challenge somehow keeps finding new victims willing to douse themselves in chilly water for a good cause. This time, it's Sarah Palin who, channeling her "will she or won't she?" teasing about a potential presidential bid, pretends not to participate but then still winds up all wet.
"I'm too old for this," Palin says in a video posted to her Facebook page Saturday, adding that she's "a little too prim and proper" to get drenched with cold water. After a little more acting, Palin is then drenched with cold water.
Palin challenged Hillary Clinton and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) which is about as close to bipartisanship as Washington comes these days.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
Subscribe to the Week