- Queen Bey August 25
Beyoncé closed out Sunday night's MTV Video Music Awards with a medley of songs from her latest album, and her 2-year-old daughter Blue Ivy was watching from husband Jay Z's knee. And the nation was watching as Blue Ivy staged her own performance. Here she is during "Drunk in Love":
The happy First Family of pop reunited on stage, where Jay Z presented Beyoncé with the Video Vanguard Award:
And once more, Blue Ivy stole the show. (Click the volume button on lower right for full effect.) --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Why is Obama still smoking?
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week