- Queen Bey August 25
Beyoncé closed out Sunday night's MTV Video Music Awards with a medley of songs from her latest album, and her 2-year-old daughter Blue Ivy was watching from husband Jay Z's knee. And the nation was watching as Blue Ivy staged her own performance. Here she is during "Drunk in Love":
The happy First Family of pop reunited on stage, where Jay Z presented Beyoncé with the Video Vanguard Award:
And once more, Blue Ivy stole the show. (Click the volume button on lower right for full effect.) --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week