- Queen Bey August 25
Beyoncé closed out Sunday night's MTV Video Music Awards with a medley of songs from her latest album, and her 2-year-old daughter Blue Ivy was watching from husband Jay Z's knee. And the nation was watching as Blue Ivy staged her own performance. Here she is during "Drunk in Love":
The happy First Family of pop reunited on stage, where Jay Z presented Beyoncé with the Video Vanguard Award:
And once more, Blue Ivy stole the show. (Click the volume button on lower right for full effect.) --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week