topics in Nature
- Update: The 12 weirdest animal penises on Earth [Updated]
- Photos: 9 animal species named after famous people [Updated]
- Analysis: Do chimps go through midlife crises too?
- Controversy: Brazil's bizarre plan to clone endangered wolves, jaguars, and monkeys
- Best Video: WATCH: Video of the rare millipede with a record-breaking 750 legs
- Fact Sheet: Sauroniops: The Tyrannosaurus-sized dinosaur named after the Lord of the Rings villain
- Instant Guide: The wacky plan to build a Bigfoot-hunting blimp
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
- Controversy: Why are French bees producing colored honey?
- Fact Sheet: Is a major earthquake going to hit Oregon?
- Cartoon View: Summer snack
- By the numbers: America's worst drought in decades: By the numbers
- Instant Guide: Wisconsin's 'baffling' booms: A concise guide
- The List: The 'freakishly warm' winter: 4 unwelcome side effects
- Analysis: Why are dolphins beaching themselves? 4 theories
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
Rusty is hardly the first caged animal to make a break for it
If the whales' small hole freezes over, they will drown
Japanese researchers pursue the mythical creature 2,000 feet under the sea
The rodent's barbed quills give researchers some unlikely inspiration
Lady Gaga, Stephen Colbert, and President Obama are just a few of the names lucky enough to receive the biology world's highest compliment
Along the Tarn River in France, freshwater fish have adopted a hunting technique more typically used by killer whales
Next month Brazilian biologists will attempt to genetically reproduce eight at-risk species in a lab
Scientists rediscover an astoundingly leggy bug they once believed to be extinct
The full name of this terrifying predator translates literally to "Eye of Sauron" in Greek
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- That 'world's toughest job' ad is actually full of horrible lessons on motherhood
Subscribe to the Week