Rusty is hardly the first caged animal to make a break for it
If the whales' small hole freezes over, they will drown
Japanese researchers pursue the mythical creature 2,000 feet under the sea
The rodent's barbed quills give researchers some unlikely inspiration
Lady Gaga, Stephen Colbert, and President Obama are just a few of the names lucky enough to receive the biology world's highest compliment
Along the Tarn River in France, freshwater fish have adopted a hunting technique more typically used by killer whales
Next month Brazilian biologists will attempt to genetically reproduce eight at-risk species in a lab
Scientists rediscover an astoundingly leggy bug they once believed to be extinct
The full name of this terrifying predator translates literally to "Eye of Sauron" in Greek
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week