Polar bears are making epic journeys in search of increasingly rare ice floes — and the littlest cubs aren't surviving the swim
If "Jaws" kept you out of the water, you might not want to know about the oceanic beast that could rip a car in half
A "mythical," mile-high haboob swept through Arizona on Tuesday evening. And thanks to a quick-witted photographer, we can see it roll in, too
On a recent expedition, scientists discovered 300 strange, beautiful, previously undocumented creatures
Scientists discover 41 new mammals, 69 amphibians, and hundreds of heretofore-unknown plants on this "jewel" of an African island
Scientists hope a new computer translation system will allow divers to make sense of dolphin sounds — and even talk back
The Journal of Animal Ethics says people will start treating their "companion animals" better when they stop talking down to them
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
Subscribe to the Week