Polar bears are making epic journeys in search of increasingly rare ice floes — and the littlest cubs aren't surviving the swim
If "Jaws" kept you out of the water, you might not want to know about the oceanic beast that could rip a car in half
A "mythical," mile-high haboob swept through Arizona on Tuesday evening. And thanks to a quick-witted photographer, we can see it roll in, too
On a recent expedition, scientists discovered 300 strange, beautiful, previously undocumented creatures
Scientists discover 41 new mammals, 69 amphibians, and hundreds of heretofore-unknown plants on this "jewel" of an African island
Scientists hope a new computer translation system will allow divers to make sense of dolphin sounds — and even talk back
The Journal of Animal Ethics says people will start treating their "companion animals" better when they stop talking down to them
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
Subscribe to the Week