"There is only one group to blame: The House majority and their speaker, John Boehner"
"Turning your back on people who are starving and freezing is not a Republican value"
House Republicans say President Obama's $60 billion aid package is too generous
As bills mount for the superstorm, there are growing doubts about the wisdom of National Flood Insurance
Two Long Island sisters try to turn their powerless post-superstorm situation around in song
The superstorm's devastation has awakened urgent interest in protecting populated coasts. Is it really possible?
Their group has been written off as largely ineffective, but in the wake of Sandy, Occupiers have mobilized in the hardest-hit areas of New York City
As many as 40,000 New Yorkers need a new place to stay, and the city doesn't have a lot of housing to spare
Mice and other specimens were lost when a New York lab flooded and lost power, potentially setting back crucial studies for years
The subterranean rodents saw their homes flooded with water, too. And they can swim
From compromised film debuts and television episodes to canceled live concerts and Broadway shows, the entertainment industry is feeling the storm's effects
As the storm overtook New York City, our editors scrambled to produce a magazine
The monster storm submerged subway stations, decimated beloved boardwalks, and left many Americans on the brink of despair
A camera mounted on Brooklyn's Northside Piers captures the Manhattan skyline as Frankenstorm barrels through the city
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Four annoying sounds you need to stop making
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Inside America's crumbling infrastructure
Subscribe to the Week