In Italy, six scientists are being tried for manslaughter after failing to predict a 2009 earthquake that killed 309 people
The rare temblor that rattled Virginia on Tuesday had geologists dusting off their history books — while Californians snickered
In the first six months of 2011, the damage caused by natural catastrophes is a whopping $265 billion — surpassing the previous yearly record
Fire crews are fighting off approaching flames in an effort to protect one of the nation's preeminent nuclear labs
The second largest wildfire in Arizona's history is raging through the state, and crews only have 5 percent of it contained
The residents of Joplin, Mo. endured a devastating tornado this week, and, as these pictures show, they're not the only survivors of Mother Nature's wrath
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
Subscribe to the Week