topics in Natural Disasters
- Best Video: 'We Are Never, Ever, Ever Getting Back Our Power': The clever Taylor Swift-Sandy parody
- In-depth briefing: Hurricane Sandy's lessons: How America can protect its coasts
- Instant Guide: Occupy Sandy: How Hurricane Sandy resurrected the Occupy movement
- Cartoon View: Pollsters: Give it up
- Analysis: Hurricane Sandy: New York's 'massive, massive housing problem'
- Fact Sheet: How Hurricane Sandy destroyed years of medical research
- Instant Guide: After Sandy: Is another storm coming?
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
- From our friends at Mental Floss: How do hurricanes get their names?
- Flashback: The last 'Frankenstorm': Video of the 1938 nor'easter that ravaged New England
- In-depth briefing: America's war on wildfires
- Cartoon View: Outdoing the anniversary
- Fact Sheet: Hurricane Isaac's wrath: Assessing the damage
- Instant Guide: Will Hurricane Isaac rival Katrina?
- Slideshow: The raging Colorado wildfires: A slideshow
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
In Italy, six scientists are being tried for manslaughter after failing to predict a 2009 earthquake that killed 309 people
The rare temblor that rattled Virginia on Tuesday had geologists dusting off their history books — while Californians snickered
In the first six months of 2011, the damage caused by natural catastrophes is a whopping $265 billion — surpassing the previous yearly record
Fire crews are fighting off approaching flames in an effort to protect one of the nation's preeminent nuclear labs
The second largest wildfire in Arizona's history is raging through the state, and crews only have 5 percent of it contained
The residents of Joplin, Mo. endured a devastating tornado this week, and, as these pictures show, they're not the only survivors of Mother Nature's wrath
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
Subscribe to the Week