In Italy, six scientists are being tried for manslaughter after failing to predict a 2009 earthquake that killed 309 people
The rare temblor that rattled Virginia on Tuesday had geologists dusting off their history books — while Californians snickered
In the first six months of 2011, the damage caused by natural catastrophes is a whopping $265 billion — surpassing the previous yearly record
Fire crews are fighting off approaching flames in an effort to protect one of the nation's preeminent nuclear labs
The second largest wildfire in Arizona's history is raging through the state, and crews only have 5 percent of it contained
The residents of Joplin, Mo. endured a devastating tornado this week, and, as these pictures show, they're not the only survivors of Mother Nature's wrath
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week