In Italy, six scientists are being tried for manslaughter after failing to predict a 2009 earthquake that killed 309 people
The rare temblor that rattled Virginia on Tuesday had geologists dusting off their history books — while Californians snickered
In the first six months of 2011, the damage caused by natural catastrophes is a whopping $265 billion — surpassing the previous yearly record
Fire crews are fighting off approaching flames in an effort to protect one of the nation's preeminent nuclear labs
The second largest wildfire in Arizona's history is raging through the state, and crews only have 5 percent of it contained
The residents of Joplin, Mo. endured a devastating tornado this week, and, as these pictures show, they're not the only survivors of Mother Nature's wrath
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 soldiers welcomed home by very happy dogs
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week