The next-generation space robot bears a striking resemblance to a medieval torture device
Jan Sheuermann can't move her arms or legs. She can, however, feed herself
Watch the most realistic humanoid machine in action
The Milli-Motein promises a future in which your bike could turn itself into a snowboard
DARPA wants its next generation of machines to run, jump, and climb like ninjas, but they're not quite there yet
A machine originally designed for the Army is being repackaged as a tough-as-nails, risk-taking firefighter
Robots come in all shapes and sizes, thanks in no small part to the influence of Mother Nature
Researchers have discovered a way to steer living, breathing bugs using a cheap circuit they can glue onto the pests' backs
DARPA's cat-like robot set a new benchmark when it topped out at 28.3 miles per hour — then promptly faceplanted
An artist designs a machine to help the lonely through their last moments — raising questions about the need for human intimacy in an increasingly technological world
Scientists borrow a technique from bacteria to teach a group of robots to dance in unison, and even join back in when they get knocked out of step
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- This Indian meal service is so efficient it's the envy of FedEx
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week