The next-generation space robot bears a striking resemblance to a medieval torture device
Jan Sheuermann can't move her arms or legs. She can, however, feed herself
Watch the most realistic humanoid machine in action
The Milli-Motein promises a future in which your bike could turn itself into a snowboard
DARPA wants its next generation of machines to run, jump, and climb like ninjas, but they're not quite there yet
A machine originally designed for the Army is being repackaged as a tough-as-nails, risk-taking firefighter
Robots come in all shapes and sizes, thanks in no small part to the influence of Mother Nature
Researchers have discovered a way to steer living, breathing bugs using a cheap circuit they can glue onto the pests' backs
DARPA's cat-like robot set a new benchmark when it topped out at 28.3 miles per hour — then promptly faceplanted
An artist designs a machine to help the lonely through their last moments — raising questions about the need for human intimacy in an increasingly technological world
Scientists borrow a technique from bacteria to teach a group of robots to dance in unison, and even join back in when they get knocked out of step
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
Subscribe to the Week