The apperance of the dreaded Hindenburg Omen — an obscure technical indicator of a market plunge — has some analysts terrified. Should the rest of us be?
They're unknown and invisible to most of us, but electronic trading programs now rule the stock markets
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
Subscribe to the Week