The famously liberal city has come up with a novel solution to its panhandling problem — and it involves lots of abandoned dogs
Fewer Japanese adults are opting to have kids. Instead, more and more are buying lapdogs... and pampering them to implausible degrees
Few racers can complete the daunting cycling challenge through the mountainous Tibetan Plateau. This year, one did it without a bike... or shoes
Just like child molesters, animal abusers in one New York county will have to register so their neighbors know who they are
More than 1 in 5 American drivers with a dog in tow let Fido climb into the driver's seat — and some even play fetch
The world is full of stories of dogs saving humans, and even dogs saving dogs. But a dog saving himself... by dialing 911?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why the rise of cosplay is a bad sign for the U.S. economy
Subscribe to the Week