One in every five U.S drivers admits to having fallen asleep behind the wheel — a problem that leads to nearly 1 in 5 fatal car crashes. What can be done?
Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood says drivers shouldn't even use hands-free cell phones. Would it be unfair to force drivers to hang up?
Federal investigators and Toyota engineers say "virtually all" the recent Toyota crashes were caused by driver error. Is the Japanese carmaker off the hook?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America's most surprising banned books
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
Subscribe to the Week