One in every five U.S drivers admits to having fallen asleep behind the wheel — a problem that leads to nearly 1 in 5 fatal car crashes. What can be done?
Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood says drivers shouldn't even use hands-free cell phones. Would it be unfair to force drivers to hang up?
Federal investigators and Toyota engineers say "virtually all" the recent Toyota crashes were caused by driver error. Is the Japanese carmaker off the hook?
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 10 things you need to know today: July 29, 2014
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week