One in every five U.S drivers admits to having fallen asleep behind the wheel — a problem that leads to nearly 1 in 5 fatal car crashes. What can be done?
Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood says drivers shouldn't even use hands-free cell phones. Would it be unfair to force drivers to hang up?
Federal investigators and Toyota engineers say "virtually all" the recent Toyota crashes were caused by driver error. Is the Japanese carmaker off the hook?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How ancient DNA is rewriting human history
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
Subscribe to the Week