topics in Academy Awards
- Analysis: 7 ways to fix the Oscars
- Opinion Brief: Billy Crystal's Oscar hosting: A 'disaster'?
- The List: 2012 Oscars: 10 best and worst moments
- Burning Question: Are Oscar voters too 'old, white, and male'?
- Entertainment: Oscar night: How are the winners picked?
- Petty Controversy: Petty controversy: The Oscars diss singing Muppets
- Fact Sheet: 7 curious facts about the 2012 Oscar nominees
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
- Opinion Brief: Will a disastrous Oscars ruin James Franco's career?
- The List: Top 5 ways to fix the Oscars
- Instant Guide: The anti-Oscars: 4 big losers
- Fact Sheet: Oscars recap: 5 things people are talking about
- Cartoon View: The King's (winning) Speech
- Burning Question: Did 'Black Swan' make ballet 'hot' again?
- Review of Reviews: 5 best movies of the year
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
The black-and-white silent film has been steamrolling through awards season, racking up nearly every trophy enroute to the Academy's Best Picture honor
Academy Awards producers outrage Kermit lovers with a proposal to shorten the telecast by scrapping Best Original Song performances
A retooled nominating system yielded nine contenders, including the divisive Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close but not the universally beloved Bridesmaids
As Martin Scorsese cheers Hugo's 11 nominations, Shame's Michael Fassbender and the cast of Bridesmaids are smarting from their Academy snubs
The My Week With Marilyn star and Best Actress hopeful turns her demure "pixie-mom persona" on its head with an arguably strategic cover shoot
Which actors and films just saw their stock change thanks to nods — or snubs — from the Hollywood Foreign Press?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week