topics in Academy Awards
- Analysis: 7 ways to fix the Oscars
- Opinion Brief: Billy Crystal's Oscar hosting: A 'disaster'?
- The List: 2012 Oscars: 10 best and worst moments
- Burning Question: Are Oscar voters too 'old, white, and male'?
- Entertainment: Oscar night: How are the winners picked?
- Petty Controversy: Petty controversy: The Oscars diss singing Muppets
- Fact Sheet: 7 curious facts about the 2012 Oscar nominees
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
- Opinion Brief: Will a disastrous Oscars ruin James Franco's career?
- The List: Top 5 ways to fix the Oscars
- Instant Guide: The anti-Oscars: 4 big losers
- Fact Sheet: Oscars recap: 5 things people are talking about
- Cartoon View: The King's (winning) Speech
- Burning Question: Did 'Black Swan' make ballet 'hot' again?
- Review of Reviews: 5 best movies of the year
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
The black-and-white silent film has been steamrolling through awards season, racking up nearly every trophy enroute to the Academy's Best Picture honor
Academy Awards producers outrage Kermit lovers with a proposal to shorten the telecast by scrapping Best Original Song performances
A retooled nominating system yielded nine contenders, including the divisive Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close but not the universally beloved Bridesmaids
As Martin Scorsese cheers Hugo's 11 nominations, Shame's Michael Fassbender and the cast of Bridesmaids are smarting from their Academy snubs
The My Week With Marilyn star and Best Actress hopeful turns her demure "pixie-mom persona" on its head with an arguably strategic cover shoot
Which actors and films just saw their stock change thanks to nods — or snubs — from the Hollywood Foreign Press?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week